ExpungementsDedicated Legal Defense from Start to Finish
Expungement Lawyers in Carmel, IN
Your Path to a New Beginning Starts Here. Call (317) 669-9010 to Learn More!
You’ve paid the price for your criminal charges. Now it’s time to put them behind you and gain a fresh start. Expunging your criminal record is essentially an opportunity to get a second chance at living a normal life free of worry and fear.
Let’s get started on your road to a brighter future. Arrange a free consultation with us online or by calling (317) 669-9010 today!
What Is Expungement?
Getting your criminal record expunged means having it removed entirely, as if nothing ever happened. Sounds pretty nice, right?
Overall, it is. But there are limits. First, not all crimes can get expunged. Also, your criminal record could still be available as a public record, as an expungement doesn’t completely erase your information from the press, Google or social media.
But on a lighter note, when you’re looking for jobs, you can legally say that you did not commit a crime if an employer asks. Further, an expungement broadens your opportunities for school, housing, financial aid and stability.
Eligibility for Expungement in Indiana
Certain crimes can get expunged from your record:
- You were arrested or charged for a crime that did not lead to a conviction or your conviction was overturned by an appellate court
- You were convicted of a misdemeanor or a Class D/Level 6 felony that was reduced to a misdemeanor
- You were convicted of a Class D/Level 6 felony that did not result in bodily injury
- You were convicted of a felony that resulted in bodily injury or serious bodily injury
Unlike the previous matters, if your expungement application is granted, your record will remain available to the public and on your criminal history report, but it will be marked as “expunged”
To be eligible for expungement, the following must apply (in most cases):
- You do not currently have any pending charges
- Your arrest or charge did not result in a conviction or your conviction was overturned by an appellate court
- You’re not currently in a pretrial diversion program
- You met your waiting period requirement
- The prosecutor consents to your expungement in writing
Ready to Get Started? Blankenship Law, LLC Is Here for You!
The expungement process is far from straightforward. Given the countless rules and loopholes in the criminal court system, you’re bound to face obstacles without a seasoned Carmel expungement attorney on your side. Once you retain our legal representation, we will help you navigate the process and explain exactly what each step entails.
We are very transparent with our clients. They deserve to know what we’re doing to help them expunge their records and have a clean slate, rather than being left in the dark. Count on us to champion your best interests and treat you as not only a client but a friend.
What Makes Blankenship Law Different?
Experience. Dedication. Accessibility.
Please check out my State of Indiana Bar Profile, and you’ll see that I’m licensed to practice law, a member in good standing, and free from any previous reprimands.
Having around the clock access to legal counsel means you get questions answered and concerns addressed. Blankenship Law isn’t the biggest firm in town, but it’s the biggest friend in the legal system you can have on your side.
Having a working relationship with many of the prosecutors in the area, Attorney Eric Blankenship is able to maneuver your case through the system with greater ease than other lawyers.
When your freedom is on the line, courtroom experience matters. Attorney Eric Blankenship has tried over a hundred jury trials.
As a former Marion County Prosecutor, Attorney Eric Blankenship knows both sides of the criminal court system and is 100% dedicated to only providing criminal legal services.
The Opinions That Matter Most
High-Quality, Compassionate Representation
“Blankenship was the most professional, hardest working lawyer I've ever met. He answered the phone every single time I called.”
- Jason H.
“He answered all of my questions honestly and if he didn't know, he said so, and guided me in the right direction!”
- Former Client
“Eric is a great lawyer and provides feedback that is easy to understand.”
- Laina M
All Your Legal Inquiries Addressed
- Learn what it’ll take to win your case
- Learn what it takes to navigate the courts
- Get answers to all your questions in a way that you’ll understand
- Get all your options presented to you, with the pros & cons of each choice
- Discover if your needs can be met by our services
- Initial case evaluation at no cost to you, free consultation